Q:  Who can join army cadets?

A:  To join army cadets, you must be at least twelve.  You must have parent/guardian permission and legally reside in Canada. 

Q:  How much does it cost?

A:  There are no membership fees.  Even the uniform is issued free of charge.

Q:  Can cadets be used as academic credit?

A:  Yes.  Cadets may receive up to 12 academic credits for a wide range of cadet qualifications.


Q:  Who trains the cadets at the corps?

A:  CIC Officers, adult volunteers, and senior cadets.

Q:  What is the CIC?

A:  The Cadet Instructor Cadre (CIC) is a component of the Canadian Forces Reserves.  CIC Officers are CF members who receive training as youth development officers.

Q:  How are adult staff selected?

A:  All officers and volunteers are screened through the Vancouver Police Department before they can work with youth.  


Q:  Am I required to join the Canadian Forces after cadets?

A:  There is no obligation to join the Canadian Forces.

Q:  What extra activities are available through 2472 RCACC?

A:  We have a music program and a marksmanship program.

Q:  What about summer camps?

A:  All cadets can apply to attend summer training.  There are many courses to choose from that range from 2 to 6 weeks in duration.  You can apply for courses that specialize in band, marksmanship, expedition, leadership, or fitness.

Q:  Are there travel opportunities?

A:  Yes.  Cadets can apply for international exchanges.  Every summer, army cadets from across Canada travel to Germany, England, Scotland, Wales, and many other countries.

Q:  Are there employment opportunities?

A:  Yes.  Senior cadets and adult staff may be employed at summer training centers in as instructors and supervisors.

If you have additional questions, feel free contact us.  Go to ‘Contact Us’ at the top of the page for our address and a list of corps staff.

Over 60 years in Vancouver. Contact us to find out how you can get involved.

Contact Us