Financial Assistance for Post Secondary Education
Army Cadet League of Canada
The Army Cadet League of Canada has several items of interest, and updates on a regular basis. Please review the link above for updated information.
Young Citizens Award
Scholarship Amount: $5,000.00
Application deadline: April 1st of your Grade 12 year
Provincial Scholarships Program (BC Ministry of Education)
To be eligible for the Provincial Scholarships Program, students:
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (landed immigrant) at the time of registration in the school year for which the scholarship is awarded
- Must be a BC resident. Citizenship information is taken from TRAX. Incomplete or incorrect data in the citizenship field could affect a student’s eligibility for a scholarship
- Must be or have been:
- Enrolled in a British Columbia public school (including Distributed Learning schools), or
- Enrolled in a Group 1, 2, or 4 British Columbia Independent School, or
- Enrolled in a Continuing Education Centre, or
- Registered with a public, independent, francophone, or distributed learning school in BC as a homeschooled child; in the school year for which the scholarship is awarded.
In addition, recipients must meet the selection criteria for each scholarship. Detailed information on eligibility criteria and application process for each scholarship are available in the 2015/16 Handbook of Procedures for the Graduation Program.
More information can be found on the Ministry of Education Website( click here.)
TD Canada Trust Scholarships for Community Leadership:
For over two decades, young people across Canada have consistently gone above and beyond to make their community — and our world — a better place. That definitely deserves recognition.
What are the TD Scholarships?
Twenty TD Scholarships for Community Leadership are awarded to students in their last year of high school or CEGEP (in Quebec) who have demonstrated leadership in improving their community. Each scholarship has a value of up to $70,000 and includes:
- Up to $10,000 for tuition per year (for up to a maximum of four years)
- $7,500 a year for living expenses (for up to a maximum of four years)
Helping you build connections
But that’s not all. These scholarships also help you make connections that could last a lifetime, including:
- Offers of paid summer employment
- Mentorship opportunities
- Annual gatherings, networking opportunities and more
TD Scholarships for Community Leadership are open to students across Canada who are in their final year of high school or CEGEP (in Quebec); have a minimum overall grade average of 75% in their most recently completed school year and have demonstrated community leadership.
Application deadline: November 18, 2016, For more information: www.td.com/scholarships